*** Report on Evercore interview questions from a Cover Letter Library member’s experiences. This is based on a second round interview for Evercore Internship for M&A Analyst in London in 2018. There may be some variations depending on the offices or other new updates to the recruitment practice – so please use this for reference/preparation purposes only ***
Some first bits on the logistics
- Who’s the lucky company?
- For which division at Evercore?
- And for which office?
- What’s the formal title of the position you interviewed for?
Internship for M&A Analyst
- Were you able to choose the time slot yourself?
- And this interview was therefore…
In the morning
- Was this a … ?
Evercore interview questions
- How many separate interviews were in this second round interview ?
- How long was each interview?
- How many interviewers were in this second round interview in total and each interview ?
Two total, one each
- Were there any personal / CV-based questions? If yes, what were they?
Both. tell me about yourself? what did you do while you were in this company?
- Were there any competencies questions? If yes, what were they?
- Were there any technical questions? If yes, what were they?
Yes! Walk me through DCF. What is EV? Pitch the owner to sell his company
- Any other weird questions we haven’t covered?
- What was the most difficult / unusual question among these? How did you deal with it?
pitch the owner to sell his hotel. I panicked, did not manage the question well
- What was the most unexpected thing about this second round interview ?
nothing was unexpected apart from the above question
- Did you progress to the next stage?
- How long roughly did it take for you to hear back about this outcome?
- Via what means did you hear back about this outcome?
- Is there anything you wish you should have known or prepared for prior to this second round interview at Evercore?
Practice a bit more questions
- Overall, out of 10, how would you evaluate your experience of this second round interview with Evercore?